Brand Managing Director
An excellent opportunity to lead and participate in the growth and scale of one of Genflow’s client businesses. A successful, comprehensive fitness app and products business, with the potential for an eventual exit or other equity event.
To drive this growth, we are looking for an established leader to join the team as Managing Director of the brand, managing a team of 15+, reporting to the Client and Genflow CEO in this hands-on role.
You will work closely with the Client as we handle everything from ideation, manufacturing, marketing, ecommerce, customer service, app development and business development for the brand.
- Permanent, full-time role
- Attractive remuneration including bonus and tracking to equity upside
Who are Genflow?
Genflow partners with influencers to help them build their own business and sell products to their audience. They work with established influencers who have already built their following and want to focus on building their long-term future by setting up their own businesses. They work closely with clients, becoming their team of business managers on product design, manufacturing, shipping, fulfilment, marketing, ads as well as the overall launch and strategy of the business. Their clients include Anthony Joshua, Jordyn Woods and Sommer Ray, alongside many more.
What is the role?
- Primary focus on working directly with the CEO and leadership team.
- Own and deliver the operating P&L for the business
- Strengthen a successful and dynamic team, adding and accelerating maturity and efficiency
- Validate & refine the next 3-year company strategy (with the CEO and leadership team), breaking this down into clear annual strategic priorities with the objective to scale and impact
- Provide strategic advice so as we have an accurate view of the market and company’s future at both a product and organisational level.
- Create and implement clear operating processes.
- Develop the team skills across all areas of the businesses.
- Own and manage the company KPIs, P&Ls & investment needs
- Co-lead the longer-term market readiness plan towards a potential exit
- Work with and coordinate a small team of advisors and external advisors within legal, tax, finance and corporate finance as needed
- Absorb the Client’s need for day-to-day involvement in the decision making and operational management of the business and its performance whilst increasing confidence and transparency of performance and plans for the Client.
About your experience:
- Deep, practical experience of running and scaling D2C mobile app/subscription and product businesses
- A knowledge of exercise, fitness and nutrition is desirable, but not essential
- Social media awareness
- Experience of the operations and detailed analytics of D2C, wholesale and eCommerce platforms
- Proven record as an MD or central member of a leadership team who has fast-tracked the scaling of a challenger business. Success in taking businesses through the scale-up stage, involving 2.0 versions of operating models, team building and, potentially, new funding
- Strategically rigorous and fact-based. Probably cutting your teeth at a leading strategy consultancy, yet imaginative and entrepreneurial from doing real world jobs
- Well-honed business sense, supported by analytical rigour and restless enquiry
- Solid experience of financial analysis, corporate finance and structuring deals and contracts, supported by legal and tax specialists
- Management and leadership experience of guiding and developing young, energetic teams and effecting changes as needed
- Pivotal role in a team tracking to a trade sale or PE exit
And you are distinctively….
- Self-starting and adaptable, able to balance initiative whilst representing and interfacing with the Client’s aspirations, interests and way of working
- Able to lead, mentor and effect change through teams, whether or not they report to you. You Change WITH rather than Change OUT, where possible. But, if not, you’re decisive.
- Not precious about the job title (or maybe even the JD), but obsessed by the challenges and opportunities
- Happy and excited to see where this might lead
- Prefer disruptors to incumbents. Thrilled, not cowed, by new potential business models