Junior Apparel Product Developer
Product Development - London
What we do?
At Genflow Product, we work alongside established influencers and celebrities to create physical products that they then sell to their following and beyond. We provide everything from trend research, logo creation, product design and sampling, manufacturing, fulfilment and customer service. Ultimately, we offer an end to end service for our handpicked creators. In the last 18 months we’ve grown from selling a handful of products to creators with a small following, to consistently selling tens of thousands of products per launch with creators that are household names, with launches now generating thousands of pounds within minutes.
Our product range is rooted in apparel, beauty, fitness and nutrition; however, we are quickly growing this to cater for our growing client base. We have multiple apparel brands in development and are looking for someone with experience to join this expanding department. We are a lean start up changing the way the talent world works.
Come join our adventure!
What’s the Job?
We are now looking for a Junior Apparel Product Developer to join our growing team in London. Above all, you will be working with our partner factories and apparel designers to create amazing, sell-out apparel brands. This position will support the Apparel Product Development team in delivering the end to end product development process.
We are seeking a driven individual with a comprehensive understanding of manufacturing, sampling, testing and developing apparel products. You will be liaising with factories across the UK, Europe and in the far east, completing lots of product development, costings and sourcing fabrics with our factories, sourcing new factories and developing samples until you and the team are happy. We work with a range of factories that offer print on demand and fully custom production, you will join the conversation developing the relationships and finding the best partners to suit each client’s product range.
The brands within ‘apparel’ range from streetwear, activewear, swimwear, accessories including bags, socks, underwear and jewellery as well as kids and babywear, therefore, a passion and full understanding of clothing manufacturing is required. You will liaise with the apparel team, designers, various factories, both of our warehouses and internal team members across different departments to ensure projects hit deadlines and launch effectively.
You will be responsible for adherence to the Critical Path from concept to production, administration- including the detailed product inputting into the system, ordering of prototypes, sample management and raising POs as well as working with factories ensuring quality standards are maintained and the design vision is protected whilst conserving strong relationships.
The ideal candidate will thrive working within a start-up environment and combine proactive thinking and strong communication skills. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone to join a fast paced and evolving department. As a company, we aim to create an entrepreneurial culture and encourage creativity and authority over your own role.
It’s a huge opportunity to make the role your own and grow with an incredibly exciting company. The company growth is such that the right candidate will have the opportunity to learn and develop skills in product development and the potential to specialise in key product categories.
- Experience working in apparel development, sampling and production in at least one product category
- A huge passion for fashion in general and a keen eye for new trends and techniques.
- Understanding of the influencer world
- Understanding of critical path management, sampling & fit process and approvals requirements
- Strong understanding of how factories and supply chains work
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Great at problem solving and takes initiative at every opportunity
- Willingness to learn new areas
- A can do, positive & self-motivated attitude
- Ability to understand tasks quickly and work independently
- Solid attention to detail
- Experience working in fast fashion brands or luxury fashion
- ‘Fashion sensibility’ - knowledge of trends, the market, the consumer and peer awareness
- Experience of sourcing & cross costing: Evaluating trims and techniques to
counter source with suppliers for best prices & MOQ
- Understanding of fabric development
- Understanding of SKU’s
- Understanding of the shipping timeline and process