Creator Merchandise Developer - LA
Genflow helps creators become entrepreneurs through its audience monetisation platform. We started in 2016 and since have become one of the leading companies in the creator economy working with the likes of Logan Paul to the latest tiktok creator.
We do this in a way that has never been done before by giving them a 360 experience through leveraging our platform, infrastructure, team and experience all in one place.
We do everything in house and we have helped some of the biggest creators launch their own brands whether that’s DTC brands (cosmetics, fashion or fitness etc) or their own digital brands (mobile apps, courses, membership clubs, gated content) or traditional brand deals.
With over 100 clients around the world, a team of 90+, international warehouses and offices we are now entering a real growth phase as a company (raised $11m Jan 2021) and looking to add the best people in the world to join us.
Our vision is to help anyone become a creator.
See our team in our vlog > Weekflow
See what we do on > Instagram
Learn about the business > https://genflow.com/
Our Founders Podcast and Origin Story of Genflow > https://lifeofanentrepreneur.com/
You will be working with our USA based creators in building their merchandise / clothing brands which will consist of standard POD merchandise and elevated, activewear, swimwear, loungewear, streetwear and more!
The role is split into 3 areas:
1 - Sourcing inventory of blanks and building catalogues
2 - Working with creators alongside the team to create designs and launch their brands.
3 - Manage relationship with printing facilities, factories and other partners
In this role you will be reporting to our Head of Apparel and working alongside our product team in London!
What you'll do
- Find new suppliers within the USA for our creators which involves meeting the, sampling and all details as needed.
- Own all product development for your USA creators including design briefs, sampling, supplier critical paths and launch timings.
- Communicate daily and build relationships with both clients and factories alongside the UK product team
- Prepare costings and negotiate with factories to ensure target margins are reached
- Source and analyse key suppliers for active and lounge apparel and accessories ensuring we are covering all client needs whilst keeping supply base concise.
- Be an expert in understanding print and what would be best according to the brief received by creators
- Work closely with the Head of Apparel in devising the seasonal strategy by brand and by supplier to maximise profits and provide commercial ranges at competitive prices
- Create clear briefs and work with the team to design and develop new collections.
- Offer expert advice on construction and fabrics to reduce sampling requirements with the factories and with clients to guide them in the right direction
- Liaise with the apparel team, designers, various factories in the USA, both of our warehouses and internal team members across different departments to ensure projects hit deadlines and launch effectively.
- Use internal software to manage the POs, invoices and product set up from factory to warehouse
- Work on developing pitches for potential new clients
- Analyse sales, customer buying patterns and trends to guide quantity of buys by style and by size. Reviewing stock to react and reorder where needed
Who is the perfect candidate?
You will be experienced in apparel product development and can demonstrate a track record of delivering results in successful activewear product launches and sales growth.
This is a fast paced and ever-changing environment so a passion for activewear and full understanding of clothing manufacturing is vital. The ideal candidate will thrive working within a start-up environment and combine proactive thinking and strong communication skills.
You have a clear understanding and passion for the influencer / creator / youtuber industry, you spend your personal time keeping up with fashion trends, manufacturing techniques and commercial competitor activity.
- Previous experience working in a similar role where you managed product development
- Evidence of problem-solving skills to battle issues that arise in manufacturing and takes initiative at every opportunity
- Experienced in negotiation of costs, MOQs and lead-times
- Confident in understanding customer needs by brand (quality, pricing, sizing)
- Experience of sourcing & cross costing: Evaluating trims and techniques to counter source
- Strong relationship management and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (& Illustrator desirable)
- Organised and confident with excellent communication skills
- ‘Fashion sensibility’ - knowledge of trends, the market, the consumer and peer awareness
- Strong understanding of fabric development
What it’s like working at Genflow and our package
We are an insanely talented team which has achieved a lot of commercial success in a short space of time. We are intense, we are focused and most importantly we are winners. If you want to be part of a business and a culture that will push you to achieve career defining skills and goals whilst truly defining consumer behaviour, then come join us!
- Your own PC/Mac setup
- Food in the office
- Unlimited Holidays
- Private Health Care
- WFH Policy (dependant on team/goals)
- Team events