Genflow helps creators become entrepreneurs. We started in 2016 and since have become one of the leading creator platforms in the world. We do this in a way that has never been done before by giving them a 360 experience through leveraging our platform, infrastructure, team and experience all in one place.
We do everything in house and we have helped some of the biggest creators launch their own brands whether that’s DTC brands (cosmetics, fashion or fitness etc) or their own digital brands (mobile apps, courses, membership clubs, gated content) or traditional talent management.
With over 100 clients around the world, a team of 90+, international warehouses and offices we are now entering a real growth phase as a company (raised $11m Jan 2021) and looking to add the best people in the world to join us.
Our vision is to help anyone become a creator.
See our team in our vlog > Weekflow
See what we do on > Instagram
Learn about the business > https://genflow.com/
Our Founders Podcast and Origin Story of Genflow > https://lifeofanentrepreneur.com/
About the role of Head of Commercial Development
After a record breaking 12 months launching some of the best known influencer brands out there, we are now looking for a Commercial Lead to join our team and take responsibility for the development of the strategy of all our newly signed influencer brands, from idea through to launch.
This role reports directly to the Chief Brand Officer, and sits within the brand team, the area of the business responsible for the development, launch, management and growth of our portfolio of brands.
This role requires a sharp commercial mindset, a razor sharp eye for detailed execution and some seriously hot client management skills. It would suit someone who is looking to really accelerate their career at an award winning startup that’s experiencing extraordinary growth. This is a high profile role and central to Genflow’s ability to build the best new brands in some of the most exciting sectors.
We work closely with all clients as we handle everything from ideation, manufacturing, marketing, ecommerce, customer service and business development for their own brands which are emerging within the mainstream lifestyle, beauty and fitness markets. Our influencer brands are setting the standard for how brands engage in this exciting new era of social media, they are selling products worldwide and amassing millions in sales each year.
This role is an opportunity like no other. If you have an entrepreneurial attitude and an enthusiasm for building a brand from the ground up - this is right up your street.
Head of Commercial Development responsibilities
- Strategic development of newly signed clients:
- Build and communicate compelling visions for brands, and how it will be achieved within Genflow and brand requirements and operating / financial parameters
- Develop proposition strategy, market positioning, long term strategy and business plans, business cases, and financial forecasts for our biggest clients and new business opportunities
- Develop detailed briefs for the wider team to build the business (physical product brief, digital product strategy and requirements, go to market strategy)
- Support new business process through commercial ideation and development of business opportunity proposals
- Manage portfolio of some of Genflow’s most high profile clients, and deliver white glove commercial management service to maximise potential and deliver growth quarter on quarter
- Develop brand strategy and narrative and translate into clear execution plan across all business touch points consistently
- Plan out commercial activity for your brands to deliver against individual brand objectives and commercial goals
- Work with clients to grow their audiences and engagement to support Genflow’s unique audience-first approach to brand building
- Take a relentless approach to the detail of execution and its optimisation to constantly improve brand performance
- Leverage reporting tools to pull data (financial, media, web analytics, etc.) to report on what's happening, interrogate why it's happening and formulate data-led action plans
- Take a structured approach to getting things done across multiple brands, teams and channels, and work through Genflow processes to be as efficient and effective as possible
- Communicate effectively with nuanced understanding of how to manage client teams vs internal teams, and influence through communications.
- Build strong relationships with clients quickly and build trust
- Build strong relationships with colleagues, to get things done
- Support Chief Brand Officer in development of best practice playbooks, strategic frameworks, commercial strategy and insight
- Upskill the wider business through training, coaching and role modelling exceptional behaviours and your approach to developing business strategy
- Previous experience working in a similar role as a commercial leader who’s had responsibility for the development of new businesses from concept to launch
- You have enjoyed P&L responsibility across a portfolio of brands or business lines, and understand how to manage a business with consideration for budgets and forecasts
- You have a good blend of experience in strategic and commercial roles, as well as operational and execution focussed positions that ensures you know how to design, build and manage businesses effectively and efficiently
- You have a strong understanding of agency / client relationships and how to manage them well
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and ooze determination, perseverance and an instinctive eye for what will work and what won’t
- You’re commercially minded and understand how to build a strategy based on insight and data, and translate into a clear action plan to deliver sales
- You’re structured and organised in your account management approach to ensure competing priorities and deadlines are fulfilled
- You are comfortable working quickly across multiple brands and projects at the same time, and get a genuine thrill from working at pace with a team of highly talented and driven people
- You are very comfortable with web and app technology development and their processes
- You understand ecommerce and social media and how the key platforms and successful social media marketing strategies achieve growth
- You are commercially minded and lean on this to prioritise tasks and delivery of those across the business.
- You understand and appreciate the power of the audience first approach to brand building, and the enormous potential that the creator economy represents
- You are on trend and up to date with your understanding of the creator economy industry and audience - you understand the digital and content trends amongst Gen-Z and Millennial audiences, and have an intuitive understanding of what type of user experience, marketing and activation achieve success
- You know how to work effectively with other people to get things done and done at pace
- You are a contingency planner and take a problem solving approach to achieve resolutions
- You take pride in achieving a high quality of work and recognise the value of meeting deadlines and targets deadlines are achieved
- You love a challenge, a deadline and a target, and play to win.
- You seek enjoyment and fulfilment within the energy, ambition and dynamic that comes with fast growing start ups
What it’s like working here
We are an incredibly talented team, assembled with experts from across various industries and specialisms. Genflow has achieved a lot of commercial success in a short space of time, culminating in our most recent round of investment in early 2021. We are intense, focussed and most importantly we are winners. If you want to be part of a business and culture that will push you to achieve career defining skills and goals whilst truly defining consumer behaviour, then come join us.
Small Teams & Real Ownership
You won't be constantly moved around teams and your team will usually focus on a specific set of creators, allowing you real ownership of your work. We're proud of the close and friendly culture in our team and do our best to support this with team drinks, meals, and more.
The Best Tech, London Offices & Remote Options
We work with the latest and best technology available. Our team is constantly exploring new ways to improve the way we work using Miro, VSCO, Iconosquare, Later and other great tools along with you'll get the latest Mac hardware when you start. We have offices in Central London which you're welcome to use and are open to primarily/fully remote options too.
Private Healthcare, Coaching & Birthday Leave
All employees have access to regular professional coaching sessions, which can be used for professional development or personal support. We also have private care available to all employees, including mental health support. Finally, you'll also get your birthday off, in addition to your usual annual leave.
Your Own PC/Mac set up
Corporate Gym Discounts
Private Health Care
WFH/ Remote Policy
Your Team Events
Company wide events