Head of Fitness and Nutrition Product Development
Product Development · London
Head of Fitness and Nutrition Product Development
Genflow helps influencers build their own businesses. We do this in a way that has never been done before by giving them a platform, infrastructure, team and advice all in one place. Our unique BAAS (Brand as a service) approach has allowed us to become one of the leading companies in the influencer ecosystem in the world.
We provide the complete infrastructure so an influencer can launch their own digital brand (mobile apps, courses, membership clubs, gated content) or their own physical D2C brand (cosmetics, fashion or fitness etc) so they can focus on growing their own audience.
With over 100 clients around the world, a team of 50+, international warehouses, a vast supplier base and offices in two countries we are now entering a real growth phase as a company and looking to add the best people in the world to join us.
Our vision is to build the next generation of entrepreneurs through our “audience first approach” which involves creating an audience before selling any product or service.
See more > Genflow.com
Watch us in action > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGMzT8-bZb7m3jFoCCjg1aq2Od7398aqO
We are looking for a Head of Fitness and Nutrition Product Development to join us and have overall product responsibility for our fitness and nutrition clients. Fitness and nutrition is a huge area for us and we already have multiple established clients in this pillar, selling hundreds of thousands of products a year. You will lead the product strategy for some of our largest clients and oversee product development across all fitness products, fitness accessories, and nutrition products. You will have a growing team here in the UK of product developers and graphic designers that will report in to you and that you will manage and lead. You will not only drive new product development forward and be very present when pitching and signing and updating clients but also you will ensure the team and production teams are hitting key dates, focusing on the right areas and pushing innovation across the department to drive brands and sales forward.
What you'll do
· Ultimately be responsible for every fitness and nutrition product developed and sold
· Manage the product development team and ensure all projects are on track, reporting to clients weekly on the progress and update of products and projects
· Work with the Chief Product Officer and the Chief Growth Officer when pitching and signing new fitness and nutrition clients.
· Oversee the product strategy and implementation of that strategy to some of our largest clients.
· Work with the supply chain team and fitness product development team to overcome any factory or supply related issues.
· Analyse key data to influence reorder levels and points
· Work with the Wholesale Account Manager when identifying new partnerships and deals, pitching the brand into those buyers from a fitness and nutrition point of view
· Work with internal teams outside of product to ensure shoots, and campaigns are planned and executed successfully, customer service is aware of upcomning launches and working with them to resolve issues, and working with the tech team supply chain teams and the internal tech platform to ensure we are fully ready for product launches and they are successful and smooth
Who is the perfect candidate?
You will be experienced in fitness or nutrition product management and have experience in managing a successful product development cycle, from conception to products arriving at a customer’s door. You have led product strategy and product planning, ensuring we are ready for peak buying seasons whilst constantly growing our offering into new audiences and markets
You will have a genuine interest in fitness and nutrition, you know and follow the key brands, the key trends, you know what are the latest products and must have equipment across fitness and nutrition.
This is a fast paced and ever-changing environment so a passion for fitness and health paired with a positive can do attitude is vital. The ideal candidate will thrive working within a start-up environment and combine proactive thinking and strong communication skills.
· 2-4 years of working in a similar role within fitness or nutrition
· Really solid experience in product development from ideation to launch
· Experience working with factories and suppliers
· An understanding of every step of the process from design, sampling production and more
· Experience using data to come up with an aggressive product strategy for a brand, pitching this to the client, then executing this over a period of 12 months.
· Organised and confident with excellent communication skills, pitching
· Great project management skills, managing lots of projects and ensuring we are hitting key dates of design, sampling, manufacture and launch.
· A history of resolving issues when they arise, quickly, efficiently and confidently.
· A strong background in innovation, expanding out into new product types and areas
· Strong relationship management and building skills
What it’s like working at Genflow and our package
We are an insanely talented team which has achieved a lot of commercial success in a short space of time. We are intense, we are focused and most importantly we are winners. If you want to be part of a business and a culture that will push you to achieve career defining skills and goals whilst truly defining consumer behaviour, then come join us!