Activewear Product Developer
Product Development · London
Activewear Product Developer
Genflow helps influencers build their own businesses. We do this in a way that has never been done before by giving them a platform, infrastructure, team and advice all in one place. Our unique BAAS (Brand as a service) approach has allowed us to become one of the leading companies in the influencer ecosystem in the world.
We provide the complete infrastructure so an influencer can launch their own digital brand (mobile apps, courses, membership clubs, gated content) or their own physical D2C brand (cosmetics, fashion or fitness etc) so they can focus on growing their own audience.
With over 100 clients around the world, a team of 50+, international warehouses and offices we are now entering a real growth phase as a company and looking to add the best people in the world to join us.
Our vision is to build the next generation of entrepreneurs through our “audience first approach” which involves creating an audience before selling any product or service.
See more > Genflow.com
Watch us in action > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGMzT8-bZb7m3jFoCCjg1aq2Od7398aqO
Working with our partner factories, apparel designers and garment technologist to create amazing, sell-out apparel activewear brands. This position will be key within the Apparel Product Development team in delivering the end-to-end product development and production process covering design development, fabric sourcing, factory communication and client relations.
What you'll do
- Own all activewear product development including design briefs, sampling, supplier critical paths and launch timings.
- Communicate daily and build relationships with both clients and factories
- Prepare costings and negotiate with factories to ensure target margins are reached
- Source and analyse key suppliers for active and lounge apparel and accessories ensuring we are covering all client needs whilst keeping supply base concise.
- Be an expert in activewear fabrics, fits and trends leading the direction of each collection
- Work closely with the Head of Apparel in devising the seasonal strategy by brand and by supplier to maximise profits and provide commercial ranges at competitive prices
- Create clear briefs and work with the team to design and develop new collections.
- Offer expert advice on construction and fabrics to reduce sampling requirements with the factories and with clients to guide them in the right direction
- Liaise with the apparel team, designers, various factories in the Far East & Europe, both of our warehouses and internal team members across different departments to ensure projects hit deadlines and launch effectively.
- Use internal software to manage the POs, invoices and product set up from factory to warehouse
- Work on developing pitches for potential new clients
- Analyse sales, customer buying patterns and trends to guide quantity of buys by style and by size. Reviewing stock to react and reorder where needed
Who is the perfect candidate?
You will be experienced in apparel product development with a specialism in activewear. You can demonstrate a track record of delivering results in successful activewear product launches and sales growth.
This is a fast paced and ever-changing environment so a passion for activewear and full understanding of clothing manufacturing is vital. The ideal candidate will thrive working within a start-up environment and combine proactive thinking and strong communication skills.
You have a clear understanding and passion for the influencer / creator / youtuber industry, you spend your personal time keeping up with fashion trends, manufacturing techniques and commercial competitor activity.
- 2 years of working in a similar role where you managed product development
- Evidence of problem-solving skills to battle issues that arise in manufacturing and takes initiative at every opportunity
- Experienced in negotiation of costs, MOQs and lead-times
- Confident in understanding customer needs by brand (quality, pricing, sizing)
- Experience of sourcing & cross costing: Evaluating trims and techniques to counter source
- Strong relationship management and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (& Illustrator desirable)
- Organised and confident with excellent communication skills
- ‘Fashion sensibility’ - knowledge of trends, the market, the consumer and peer awareness
- Strong understanding of fabric development
What it’s like working at Genflow and our package
We are an insanely talented team which has achieved a lot of commercial success in a short space of time. We are intense, we are focused and most importantly we are winners. If you want to be part of a business and a culture that will push you to achieve career defining skills and goals whilst truly defining consumer behaviour, then come join us!
- Your own PC/Mac setup
- Food in the office
- Unlimited Holidays
- Private Health Care
- WFH Policy (dependant on team/goals)
- Team events