Supply Chain Manager
Product Development · London
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Reporting To: Chief Product Officer
Genflow helps influencers build their own businesses. We do this in a way that has never been done before by giving them a platform, infrastructure, team and advice all in one place. Our unique BAAS (Brand as a service) approach has allowed us to become one of the leading companies in the influencer ecosystem in the world.
We provide the complete infrastructure so an influencer can launch their own digital brand (mobile apps, courses, membership clubs, gated content) or their own physical D2C brand (cosmetics, fashion or fitness etc) so they can focus on growing their own audience.
With over 100 clients around the world, a team of 50+, international warehouses and offices we are now entering a real growth phase as a company and looking to add the best people in the world to join us. Our vision is to build the next generation of entrepreneurs through our “audience first approach” which involves creating an audience before selling any product or service.
See more at Genflow.com
Watch us in action > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGMzT8-bZb7m3jFoCCjg1aq2Od7398aqO
The physical product function of Genflow works with influencers, creators and celebrities to create, develop and manufacture physical products on mass, to sell to customers around the world. In the past two years we have built various thriving product businesses spanning fitness, nutrition, apparel, beauty and more, and have lots more exciting projects in the pipeline. We operate at mixed volumes across category and are growing ferociously. We source worldwide, but have key suppliers based in Pakistan, China, Europe, The USA and UK and evaluate and onboard new suppliers frequently. As a team we follow and manage each order, ship product around the world both via sea and air, and fulfil thousands of orders a day through distribution 3PL’s in the UK and the USA.
The Supply Chain Manager role is a really key and exciting role here at Genflow. Ultimately you will be responsible for our complete supply chain, you will oversee our factories, help to onboard new ones and work with product developers resolving issues and keeping projects on track, you will manage all shipments around the word and oversee our fulfilment sites here in the UK and the USA, ensuring smooth launches for our multiple clients. Of course, you will be managing a team here in the UK, but also managing our teams both on the ground in Pakistan and in China. You will work very closely with the CPO who has been managing this area for the last two years.
What you'll do
- Ultimately be responsible for Genflow's complete supply chain. From factories, to shipments, freight forwarders, warehousing and fulfilment.
- Work with your team to ensure shipments are on track and on budget and ensure all paperwork is ready and correct for customs clearance.
- Oversee our fulfilment and distribution centres. Everything is set up and working well however you will take over this relationship, improving the process and optimising where possible. You will also help to locate and evaluate new DC’s and help oversee the integration process.
- Work with and manage teams on the ground in China and Pakistan, ensuring they are a benefit to the product developers, providing the right information, improving relationship’s and terms with current factories and onboarding new suppliers
- Manage and work with your team to operate Genflow’s Ethical program, ensuring our suppliers meet the Genflow minimum standard of certification and helping new suppliers obtain this.
- Work with our teams at the fulfilment centres to regularly check and analyse carrier costs and updating these on our internal software.
- Work alongside Product developers in identifying key areas where we need to find and onboard new suppliers
- Retrospectively analyse shipping and fulfilment costings and work with product developers and the team to tweak this moving forward
- Work with the wholesale account manager to ensure wholesale/retail and amazon orders are managed implemented and get delivered on time In the right format.
Who is the perfect candidate?
You will be experienced at managing supply chains and have a proven track record of handling large volumes of product through production, freight and fulfilment. You will have experience dealing with the far east and Pakistan. You will be fully capable with shipping product around the world and understand in-depth the complete process from product leaving the factory to parcels arriving to the end customer
You have a clear understanding and passion for the influencer / creator / youtuber industry, you spend your personal time watching videos, seeing what’s happening and have a clear eye for talent.
- 2 years of working in a similar role where you managed the end to end supply chain.
- Capable of overseeing hundreds of thousands of products being manufactured across multiple different suppliers and verticals
- Have experience managing shipping and optimising costs
- Ideally have worked across fitness, or apparel products in bulk
- You are able to and have experience in managing a team, both here in the uk but also on the ground in China and Pakistan
- Have deep understanding of factories and how they work
- You will have an understanding of supplier ethical certifications and audits, and know how these are arranged and conducted
- You will constantly be looking to optimise, consolidate and save costs
- Highly organised and have analytical and process driven mindset
- Entrepreneurial flair, determination and perseverance
- Strong relationship management skills
- A high degree of business acumen or equivalent
- Organised and confident with excellent communication skills
What it’s like working at Genflow and our package
We are an insanely talented team which has achieved a lot of commercial success in a short space of time. We are intense, we are focused and most importantly we are winners. If you want to be part of a business and a culture that will push you to achieve career defining skills and goals whilst truly defining consumer behaviour then come join us!
- Your own PC/Mac setup
- Food in the office
- Unlimited Holidays
- Private Health Care
- WFH Policy (dependant on team/goals)
- Team events